The applied practice experience, most commonly referred to as internships, provides a more realistic glimpse of the profession and are instrumental in preparing our students to go into the field. These may involve governmental, non-governmental, non-profit, industrial, and for-profit settings (see list below).
CPH and IDM identify sites in a manner that is sensitive to the needs of the agencies or organizations involved. Activities meeting the applied practice experience should be mutually beneficial to the site and the student. The applied practice experiences allow each student to demonstrate attainment of at least five competencies, of which a minimum of three must be CPH foundational competencies.
The applied experience may address additional foundational or concentration-specific competencies, if appropriate. Below is a link to resources and lists to assist in student’s search for applied practice experience opportunities.
For more information and resources for internships click here.
Past Students’ Internships
- Alabama Fusion Center
- Athens Clarke County Emergency Management Agency
- Athens Clarke County Fire and Emergency Services
- Augusta University
- Australian Red Cross
- Catholic Relief Service
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Emory Office of Critical Event Preparedness and Response (CEPAR)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Food Emergency Response Network
- Forsyth County Emergency Management Agency
- Georgia Emergency Management Agency
- Global Emergency Resources
- Greater New York Hospital Association
- Piedmont Athens Regional Medical Center
- UGA Office of Emergency Preparedness
- US Department of State Office of Weapons of Mass Destruction and Terrorism
- WellStar Kennestone Hospital